about me

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tune my heart

So my heart needs tuning. 

Hospital bills, adjusting to life as a stay-at-home mom, contemplating working again, missing my husband who works too many hours....the list can go on! 

Then one day She Reads Truth (a great daily blog devotional, Shereadstruth.com) addresses the idea of tuning your heart. So I'm a visual picture kinda girl so think tuning a guitar. Yep this struck me not the first day I read it but the second time. Anyone have this happen, you ponder an issue then a day or hours later it becomes clearer. 
Well the second time I read it, it all became relevant. I need to tune my heart, like tuning a guitar. I need to twist and listen, twist and listen. Pray and listen to God. Draw in close so I can hear and be in tune to what he wants from me. 

My all time favorite hymn is

Come, thou Fount of every blessing,
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
mount of thy redeeming love.

Here I raise mine Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I’m come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtor
daily I’m constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above.

 "Call for songs of loudest praise" so I know he wants me to bring glory to him name by loving those around me but how specifically should I do that being a stay at home mom?

Some of my thoughts: 
-Join mom groups to share, inspire and encourage other moms. 
-Host a cookie exchange
-Have people over more
-Give to the people struggling on the corner or in front of the store
-Start working again and be a light in the work force
-Dedicate time to seriously pray for people in need; sick people, missionaries, uhreached people
-Write more on my blog in hope that it touches people
Would love to hear other ideas.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the analogy of tuning and listening. It is something I need to work on since I've been emotionally up and down lately. Plus, that is one of my favorite hymns as well - I miss singing them in church! God bless, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stoked you posted on the peony project! I would love to do a link-up with you. Maybe we can keep each other accountable for our blogs. Maybe like pick a certain day with a topic that we do weekly. Just a thought. Sweet blog and I need to have people over more too. Planning out double dates at my house and out with friends is a weak spot for me. You seem to be good though at planning things and initiating-I guess its just doing it! Stoked for you this Friday!

    ReplyDelete