about me

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

One year olds party

Paisley's First Birthday

Cannot believe it has been a whole year since we brought our sweet bundle of joy home. The day we chose to have her party, coincidentally was the day we finally got to bring our sweet little one home from the hospital and had a house full of friends and family.

For months leading up to her birthday, I was busy pinning away ideas on Pinterest. Crafting and decorating was the real reason I wanted to have a big first birthday party. A couple weeks before, when the school year ended for me, I began crafting away.

I got this crazy idea to cut out star shapes out of cardboard we had from boxes. I had a set of star shaped cookie cutters of all sizes that came in very handy.

The theme "Twinkle, Twinkle little star" and pink and glitter

After cutting all the star out I wasn't quit sure how to make them sparkly, first I thought spray paint would be the easiest but I had lots of glitter. So glitter it was. I hung them all over the house. Paisley loved them, she looked up at them in awe.


 
I also had fun making a Paisley sized one to hang on the front door. I covered it in tissue paper squares and spelled out her name down the center.
 

 
WE did a one year old photo shoot a couple days before, so then I decided to use the pictures as decorations.

 
I also printed out pictures from her first holidays to use as decorations. These will be going in her baby book.
 
I decided to write a note thanking everyone and explaining that it was the exact day we got to bring Paisley home last year.

 
A centerpiece for the dessert table I decided to throw together with left over stuff.

 
I had to make this after seeing them on Pinterest. It was a little big so Paisley did not really wear it.

 
Another idea I saw on Pinterest and loved. The guests enjoyed the pictures and casting their votes.

 
Most of the kids that attended were girls hence the girly party favors, also two of Paisley's favorite things.


 
I had to make a birthday banner or two. I also hung extra glitter stars and one year old photoshoot pictures. This was behind the dessert table. I kept is simple and did cupcakes and cake mix cookies.

 
Another birthday banner. Too much fun making them. More glitter stars above it too.

 
Another idea I saw on Pinterest crape paper.

 
Monthly pictures as decorations.

 
Balloon and tassel garland.
 


 
I got this idea from Pinterest too, my brother created the design. Thank you Uncle Ceej! 

 
For the kids we had a ball pit and a failed water blob. I should have practiced the day before instead of trying to make it the day of.
 
 
I had so much fun crafting for the party.
 
Our small house was full of family and friends that love our little Paisley Grace.
 
A successful party despite the tropical storm.
God continues to bless our little family and we are beyond thankful!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. this is SO CUTE!!! can you come decorate for my birthday party?? ;D

    ReplyDelete