about me

Monday, January 3, 2011

With the start of a new year, many things come to mind...I'm am getting older, time is flying and I should strive to be a better person who glorifies the amazing, loving God of the Universe.

Well my year started off with annual watching of the Rose Parade (the first showing without commercials, yes I woke up early enough). Then me and Cam met Marion and Robby to play tennis (it was cold). Then we met with other people to play softball (something new to me, since the last time I played was in Elementary school and I hated playing then). Softball turned out to be fun after I got over being a little nervous. I was not the best fielder but I could hit! We went for pizza then headed home. Well we didn't go straight home; we decided to stop by Correy and Tiffany's house. They have some of the cutest kids! We hung out and watched 310 to Yuma which turned out to be good (even though it is not a movie I would usually pick to watch).

Sunday came and of course we headed off to church, we were the greeters. Greeting is fun because you see and talk to everyone who comes. As I sat and listened to Pastor speak towards the end I thought about how grateful I am for my Pastor. His sermon on virtue and vice was a great topic to begin the new year discussing. Seek virtue first then all else will come. Because when we set our minds on things above we look at the beauty of life. We also sang this song by Michael Boggs In You that emphasizes the point Pastor Richard was making.
In you every
heart can find its healing
In you every
life is given meaning
A hope is
found, a love abounds In You
A goal of mine this year is to focus on seeking virtue and the beauty of life and not to focus on the negative. To set my focus on God and his attributes and follow his plans. Another song we sang I enjoyed and would like to focus on this year is

Forever Reign by Hillsong


You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see
You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin

You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life,
In You death has lost its sting

Oh, I’m running to Your arms,
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go

As school starts and another crazy quarter is about to begin I must not forget who I am eternally greatful for and I must strive to honor God in all I do. I look foreword to a new year and what excitement and challenges it may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment