about me

Friday, August 26, 2011



Meeting up and talking to old friends is fun!
This past week I got to spend time with a special old friend. This friend is not someone I can just call up and say lets get lunch because she lives in London. We met in High School, she was with the foreign exchange student program, originally from Germany. Any way her name is Meike and I had a wonderful time getting Starbucks with her, shopping a little and bringing her to church. I am so thankful God brought her into my life. She is one of the sweetest people I know. She has a beautiful accent and a loving heart. It was so niece to have meaningful and deep conversations and share the same view.
I also spent time with another old friend, one I have know since second grade. No matter how long it's been since we hung out it never feels awkward. It was nice to talk about life with her. This girl is passionate about serving God and growing in understanding of Him. She is also busy with her church; consequently we had commonality to discuss. I look forward to spending more time with this girl!!
God is good, I ask that he would guide and direct my future. There are a lot of things on my mind but my prayer is that things would happen in his timing and that he would supply me with the patience.
I have been reading this book "Having a Mary heart in a Martha world" by Joanna Weaver. It is a great book about finding intimacy with God in the busyness of life. Reading it has opened my eyes to how important spending time with God is, way more important than an act of service. Through quiet times with God he teaches us but we must have a teachable heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment